This blog is simply a picture a day blog with the challenge to do it for a year. My friend Brandy and her mom, Robyn, started their POTD (Picture Of The Day) blogs at the beginning of the year. When I bought Brandy's old camera from her, I decided I would join them in this little adventure. My goal is to slowly learn how to use my new camera with settings other than automatic, and to learn how to edit pictures on the computer. If nothing else, it will be a reminder of our daily life this year, what we were up to, what the kids' were doing, and how much everyone has changed. I hope you enjoy the small glimpse into our lives.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

03.23.2011

























This is my new lamp.  I have been searching and searching since we moved in to our house last year for lamps for my bedroom and for my living room.  I knew in my mind what I wanted, but I just couldn't find it.  I've looked in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, and Williston.  But nothing has been exactly what I wanted.  When we were in Rapid City last week, I took the girls in to Penney's to look at jeans.  Of course, one of the little girls had to use the bathroom.  So I sent them in with the older girls and I told them I was going to look around in the household department.  Would you believe there was the lamp I wanted?  Not only was it the perfect lamp for my bedroom, but it was also 60% off and I had a 15% off coupon!  Josh came to take a look at it and he approved and thought maybe we should see if they had anything we liked for our living room.  They did and those lamps were on sale, too.  So we ended up buying four lamps.  I am so happy to finally have found the perfect lamps for our house and so glad I waited to find exactly what I wanted!  I would have taken a picture of both lamps but my bed wasn't made and I wasn't about to make it right before bedtime!

2 comments: