This blog is simply a picture a day blog with the challenge to do it for a year. My friend Brandy and her mom, Robyn, started their POTD (Picture Of The Day) blogs at the beginning of the year. When I bought Brandy's old camera from her, I decided I would join them in this little adventure. My goal is to slowly learn how to use my new camera with settings other than automatic, and to learn how to edit pictures on the computer. If nothing else, it will be a reminder of our daily life this year, what we were up to, what the kids' were doing, and how much everyone has changed. I hope you enjoy the small glimpse into our lives.

Friday, April 8, 2011

04.08.2011


















Just yesterday our roads finally dried up.  We actually went on our first walk before supper last night.  The road was finally dry enough so we got the strollers out and went walking.  It was wonderful to be out in the fresh air.  Then this morning I heard the rain pounding on the house.  It was really coming down.  By the time I got up, this is what was there to greet me as I looked outside.  Big, fluffy snowflakes.  Once again the kind that look so beautiful when it is that first October early snowfall.  Not quite as pretty in April.  I have to admit it was pretty cool though when we thought we heard the snow plow driving by only to go to the window and discover it was thunder.  Really loud thunder in the middle of a snowfall.  Quite an interesting spring day as far as the weather goes.  I am happy to report though that the roads are good as it all melted instantly on the highway.

3 comments:

  1. What a bummer! I looked at this and my first thought was OMG!! I don't want to go home yet. Make it all go away. I know that you guys are feeling the pain. I really hoping for spring for you soon. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUK!!!! We are getting rain, certainly don't need it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robyn, don't worry I think it will all be better before you get home! At least it better be...

    Mom, at least you didn't get snow!

    ReplyDelete