This blog is simply a picture a day blog with the challenge to do it for a year. My friend Brandy and her mom, Robyn, started their POTD (Picture Of The Day) blogs at the beginning of the year. When I bought Brandy's old camera from her, I decided I would join them in this little adventure. My goal is to slowly learn how to use my new camera with settings other than automatic, and to learn how to edit pictures on the computer. If nothing else, it will be a reminder of our daily life this year, what we were up to, what the kids' were doing, and how much everyone has changed. I hope you enjoy the small glimpse into our lives.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

02.12.2011


















I was in our local Bible book store today looking for a birthday present for Lydia when I came across this basket. It was love at first sight. I just knew I had to have it. I almost talked myself out of it though, knowing I don't need to be spending money on unnecessary items right now. But when I knelt down to look at it closer, I saw that it was made by a woman in Ghana, West Africa. There is a group there that helps women learn how to weave these baskets to be sold so they can make some money to support themselves. How could I not buy it! What a great idea. Just reading about this group and seeing a picture of the women working on their baskets is so cool. What a unique item to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment